Suspect drug dealing?
Signs to look out for:
- Unusual numbers of callers to an address at all times of the night and day
- Drugs paraphernalia (please do not remove it, but alert your local council)
- People with an unusually lavish lifestyle.
How to spot a cannabis factory
- Lights left on all day and night
- Curtains constantly drawn or windows blacked out
- Strong pungent smell
- High humidity in the property
- Lots of different people, coming and going at strange times
- No one seems to be living there and they only visit for short periods
- Venting protruding from the roof and constant noise of cooling fans.
Advice for landlords
- The tenants may pay their rent in cash.
- The tenants may be vague or not available at the property
- A sudden jump or fall in electricity bills
- Spot checks should be carried out on the property
- You can get more information and advice from the National Landlord Association.
If you suspect drug use or dealing, report it to us.