Kent Police's three month long 'sting' aimed at reducing the number of household burglaries and vehicle theft across the county has resulted in 69 arrests in the first week and 39 warrants have been executed.
Additional resources have been committed to Operation Castle to reduce the number of offences, catch offenders, increase victim satisfaction and send a strong message to would be criminals that we will bring you to justice.
This week's results
A 17 year old boy from Sittingbourne has been charged in connection with a house burglary last week (between 10 and 11 February) on St Mary's Island, Chatham.
A 21 year old from Rochester was arrested on the Isle of Grain yesterday (11 February) on suspicion of burglary and robbery. He has been bailed for the robbery to Medway Police Station on 11 March and bailed to the same address for the burglary on 4 April.
A 20-year-old man from Sittingbourne was arrested on 8 February on suspicion of burglary in connection with an offence in Jessica Mews on 3 December. He has been bailed until 1 March pending further enquiries. A 36-year-old man from Sittingbourne was arrested on the same day for the same offence and has been bailed to 1 March pending further enquiries.
A 16-year-old from Faversham, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, was arrested and charged in connection with burglary and theft at a property in St Nicholas Road, Faversham. He has been remanded in custody and was due to appear at Maidstone Magistrates’ Court on Monday 11 February.
A Gravesend man has also been arrested and charged in relation with the theft of a crate of beer from a garage on Milton Road.
Micheal Pollock, 22, of Gravesham Court was arrested and charged on 8 February for theft and is bailed to appear at Dartford and Gravesham Magistrates’ Court on 18 March. Pollock’s parole licence has also been revoked.
A 17 year old man from Gravesend was arrested on suspicion of burglary. He was released on bail until 4 March.
A 21 year old man from Sittingbourne was arrested on suspicion of burglary, and remains in police custody.
A 19 year old from Sittingbourne was arrested on suspicion of burglary, and later released on bail until 27 March.
A 21 year old man of no fixed abode was arrested on suspicion of robbery and burglary. He was later released on bail until 11 March.
- A 36 year old man from Ashford has been arrested on suspicion of handling stolen goods and is currently on police bail until 21 March 2013. The arrest comes after a significant quantity of Landrover Defender parts, from three separate vehicles, were found at a business park in Ashford. The vehicle parts included chassis, gear boxes and door panels. A vehicle examiner attended the location and identified parts belonging to vehicles that had all been reported stolen in January this year.
- Mark Drury, aged 27, of Station Road, Whitstable, has been charged with burglary at a chemist in High Street, Whitstable, on Saturday 9 February. He has been remanded in custody to appear before magistrates.
- A 21 year old man from Margate was arrested on suspicion of burglary and possession of herbal cannabis. He was released on bail until 31 March.
- A 17 year old from Margate was arrested on suspicion of burglary, and released on bail until 21 February.
- David Cooper, 43 years old, a landscape gardener of Cinder Hill Wood, Five Wents, Matfield, Near Tonbridge, and his 22 year old son, a landscape gardener also called David, have been jointly charged with burglary. The men were charged following an incident on 5 February involving a 70 year old woman from Kings Road in Tonbridge. They appeared before magistrates over the weekend and were remanded in custody. A 45 year old woman has been arrested on suspicion of burglary and remains on police bail.
- Dale Pearson, 18 years-old, of Courtenay Road, Maidstone, was charged with a burglary in Maidstone. He appeared before Maidstone Magistrates’ Court on 11 February, where he was released on bail until a further court appearance on 6 March.
- Daniel Graham Reed, 34 years-old, of no fixed abode, was charged with burglary. He appeared before Maidstone Magistrates’ Court on 11 February, where he was remanded in custody until a further court appearance on 14 February.
- A 39 year old woman from Tonbridge was arrested on suspicion of burglary, and later released on bail until 15 April.
- A 32 year old man from Tonbridge was arrested on suspicion of burglary, and released on bail until 15 April.
- A 21 year old man from Sevenoaks was arrested on suspicion of two counts of theft of motor vehicle. He was later released on bail until 13 March.
Follow us on Twitter - #OpCastle.
Crime prevention advice
In addition to the enforcement activity, Kent Police is providing crime prevention advice to help the fight against crime. To find out more, view or download a guide to keeping your property safe.
Tackling vehicle crime
Officers are investigating a series of Land Rover thefts and have published an open letter to raise awareness and give crime prevention advice to those who might be targeted. This is in addition to catching those who are in intent on stealing vehicles and any valuables left in them, including sat navs.
Also view: Your guide to preventing vehicle theft
Updated on: 13 February 2013