Kent Police's three month long 'sting' aimed at reducing the number of household burglaries and vehicle theft across the county has resulted in 103 arrests so far and 51 warrants have been executed.
This includes 69 arrests and 39 warrants in the first week and 34 arrests and 12 warrants in the second week.
Additional resources have been committed to Operation Castle to reduce the number of offences, catch offenders, increase victim satisfaction and send a strong message to would be criminals that we will bring you to justice.
Results so far this week....
- Four men have been arrested on suspicion of money laundering. On Wednesday, February 12 a vehicle was stopped during a routine check in West Street, Harrietsham where officers found a large amount of money hidden within the vehicle. All four men, a 39-year-old from Ashford, a 26-year-old from Chatham, a 32-year-old from Ashford and a 25-year-old from Chatham were all arrested on suspicion of money laundering. They have been bailed in March 27 pending further enquiries.
Aiden Cahill, 49, from Pennington Road in Tunbridge Wells, has been charged with burglary with intent to steal, following an incident at a property in Castle Street, Southborough.
He has been remanded in custody until March 28, when he is due at Maidstone Crown Court.
Daryl Everett, 32, of Derwent Road in Tonbridge and Georgina Porritt, 39, from Forest Grove in Tonbridge have both been charged with burglary following an incident in Quarry Hill Road in the town on 11 February
Raymond Andrew Davey, 40 from Waterside Lane, Gillingham charged with two counts of theft from motor vehicle which happened on February 6 and 12 in West Malling. He's been bailed until next court appearance on April 3.
- A 21-year-old man was arrested and has been released on bail following a search warrant at an address in Margate. Officers found a flatscreen TV and cannabis.
- 19-year-old George Mason of Edgar Road, Cliftonville was arrested and charged with an attempt burglary. He is due to answer before Margate Magistrates' Court on 15 March. A 16-year-old boy arrested at the same time has been released on bail until 20 March.
- 21-year-old David James William Wraight of Adelaide Gardens, Ramsgate was charged with burglary at a goldsmiths in Ramsgate and appeared before Margate Magistrates Court on 15 February and has been remanded in custody.
- 20-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possession of a class A drug with intent to supply. During a strip search he was allegedly found in possession of a number of wraps of heroin. He was released on bail while officers make further enquiries.
- John Jo McGuinness Lunn of Edgar Road, Cliftonville was arrested and charged with two alleged break-ins on 13 February. One at an address in Reading Street, Broadstairs where he allegedly stole a car key and the other in Carlton Avenue, Broadstairs where he allegedly stole camera equipment, foreign currency, a Ted Baker suit, Hugo Boss aftershave, an iPad, Advent laptop and a black Beverly Hills Polo holdall. He was charged with both alleged burglaries, appeared before Margate Magistrates Court on 15 February and has been remanded in custody.
- A 17-year-old boy from Ramsgate was charged with Burglary with intent to steal and released on bail to answer before Margate Youth Court on 6 March.
- Denzil Stewart of no fixed abode has been charged with burglary and has been bailed to appear at Maidstone Magistrates’ Court on 4 April following a break in at a house in Kemsley on Boxing Day.
- Ashley Robinson, 28, of Trafalgar Street, Gillingham, was arrested minutes after stealing a bag of money from a car parked in Grafton Avenue, Rochester, on Friday 15 February. He was charged with theft from a motor vehicle and remanded to court, where he received a custodial sentence of 116 days.
- Lee Mason, 31, of Roehampton Court, Gravesend, was arrested and charged with aggravated burglary on 15 February in connection with an offence in Boucher Drive the same day. He is due to appear at Maidstone Crown Court tomorrow (22 February).
- A 21 year old woman and 18 year old man, both from Chatham, were arrested on 18 February on suspicion of handling stolen goods. Both have been bailed until 21 March pending further investigation.
- An 18 year of man from Gravesend was arrested on suspicion of burglary on 20 February, in connection with an offence committed on Valentine’s Day in Southfleet. He has been bailed until 27 March pending further investigation.
- A 35 year old from Rochester was arrested on suspicion of handling stolen goods on 19 February and bailed until 20 March pending further investigation.
Follow us on Twitter - #OpCastle.
Crime prevention advice
In addition to the enforcement activity, Kent Police is providing crime prevention advice to help the fight against crime. To find out more, view or download a guide to keeping your property safe.
Tackling vehicle crime
Officers are investigating a series of Land Rover thefts and have published an open letter to raise awareness and give crime prevention advice to those who might be targeted. This is in addition to catching those who are in intent on stealing vehicles and any valuables left in them, including sat navs.
Also view: Your guide to preventing vehicle theft
Posted on: 18 February 2012