Officer Misconduct Hearings are held in public for openness and transparency.
At a hearing the facts are heard by a panel, often with help of witnesses, so a finding can be made.
If an officer is found to have committed gross misconduct, depending on the circumstances, the available outcomes are:
For more information on police misconduct visit the Home Office website.
- Dismissal without notice
- Final written warning
- Extension added to a final written warning
- Written warning
- Management advice
- No further action
It is alleged that on 11th August 2017, PC Hickson visited a pub in Staplehurst with his partner. During the course of the evening he verbally abused his partner in front of customers, and used some inappropriate phrases to address her.
- Name of officer: Police Constable 13212 Mark Hickson
- The date, time and venue of the hearing: 02/03/04 May 2018 in the County Room, Kent Police Force Headquarters, Sutton Road, Maidstone, Kent, ME15 9BZ, commencing at 10:00 hours.
- The conduct and how that conduct is alleged to amount to gross misconduct:
It is also alleged that on 9th October 2017, during the investigation into his conduct, PC Hickson knowingly gave a materially inaccurate account of his behaviour on the night in question.
It is alleged that in doing so, PC Hickson breached the Standards of Professional Behaviour in respect of:
- Authority, Respect and Courtesy
- Discreditable Conduct
- Honesty and Integrity
To attend the misconduct hearing send a completed application form by 30th April 2018, no applications to attend will be considered after this date.
Application forms can be obtained on request by emailing: [email protected]
To register your interest to attend a hearing, when one is listed above, please email [email protected] or call 01622 652320.
outcomes of recent hearings
Recent hearing outcomes will be posted here.