Businesses - how we can help
Counter Terrorism Security Advisers (CTSA) work with businesses and the community to identify and assess sites that may be vulnerable to terrorist or extremist attack.
They also work with trade organisations and professional bodies to ensure counter-terrorism security advice is incorporated in general crime prevention advice and guidance.
Your local CTSA can:
They're specialists in their field and can also advise on:
- help you assess the threat to your company
- advise on security equipment and highlight methods used by terrorists
- help you devise and develop appropriate protective security plans to minimise impact on your sites and the surrounding community.
They are also responsible for the protective security of crowded places (areas where there may be large crowds who could be vulnerable to terrorist attack) for example shopping centres, sporting stadia, pubs and bars or transport hubs.
- explosives and precursor chemicals
- pathogens and toxins
- radiological sources
- site and vulnerable point surveying
- integrated security systems
- designing out vehicle borne terrorism
- threat from CBRN (chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear) attack.
If you feel your company could benefit from terrorism security advice, contact one of our Counter Terrorism Security Advisers (CTSAs).
For more information visit the National Counter Terrorism Security Office website or gov.uk/ACT and 'Make Nothing Happen'.