Live near the coast or a river?
Do you sail or work in maritime industries, or near a harbour?
Do you dive, fish, visit the coast regularly, or live close by?
If so, Project KRAKEN needs your help.
Project Kraken is a national project which aims to increase awareness of possible terrorist and serious organised crime activity and encourage the public to remain vigilant, reporting suspicious activity to us.
We want you to report any unusual or suspicious behaviour no matter how trivial it may seem.
If it looks out of the ordinary, we want to know about it.
Your local knowledge and your experience means you are well placed to spot anything unusual.
Have you seen?
- Crew who show signs of nervousness or a lack of awareness of protocols and customs.
- Vessels with unusual modification or minor damage.
- Increased activity at isolated coastal locations or at unusual times of the day.
- Attempts to signal to vessels offshore or guide them into an unusual landfall.
- Strange patterns of payment, such as large amounts of cash.
- People testing site security or an unusual interest in site structures and wharfs.
What should you do?
Report it to us by calling 101; quote 'KRAKEN'.
To remain anonymous report your information online at Crimestoppers. Record as much information as you can - the smallest detail could be significant.
If it's an emergency, call 999.
View gov.uk/ACT for further information. 'Make Nothing Happen'.