Assistant Chief Constable
Starting salary £100,509 rising to £113,475 (plus car / allowance)
Based at Police Headquarters, Maidstone, Kent
Mr Alan Pughsley, the Chief Constable of Kent Police is seeking to recruit an exceptional new Assistant Chief Constable to a unique, challenging and rewarding role.
Kent Police was the first force to receive an Outstanding rating for Legitimacy in the PEEL assessments and the only force to retain it for three years. We continue to push the boundaries for innovation and transformation with both technology and creative policing models, providing a unique platform for anyone wishing to take their career to new heights.
This influential and strategic leadership role plays a key part in the corporate management and direction of Kent Police, with particular responsibility for an allocated portfolio.
As well as holding the highest levels of operational credibility the successful candidate must:
- Be an inspirational and visionary leader with a clear ability to connect with officers, staff and key stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrate the ability to innovate and lead transformation at a strategic level to deliver change within a complex environment.
- Understand the needs and issues arising from policing different communities and be committed to helping Kent Police embrace and enhance diversity in policing.
- Recognise our staff as our most important asset, helping to create a culture that enhances a healthy, skilled, diverse and empowered workforce.
- Demonstrate substantial evidence of driving sustained improvements to service delivery and performance at a strategic level, whilst making sound decisions in a challenging and high risk environment.
- Build and maintain significant networks to strengthen partnership and collaborative working, demonstrating strong political awareness.
- Be truly committed and passionate about the service provided to the public of Kent, with unquestionable integrity and commitment to the policing Code of Ethics.
Candidates must have passed the Senior Police National Assessment Centre and successfully completed the Strategic Command Course and the necessary vetting checks required to attain the rank of Assistant Chief Constable before appointment.
There will be a briefing event for interested candidates on Monday 1st April 2019 at 4-5pm.
The closing date for applications to be returned is 12:00hrs on Friday 12th April 2019.
To request an application pack and to register to attend the briefing event, please contact Richard Leicester, Director of Human Resources for Kent and Essex Police on 07779 799738 or email [email protected]