Police appeal after thefts from cars in Herne Bay
Officers are investigating a number of thefts from cars in Herne Bay.
Kent Police is looking into reports that items were taken from vehicles during the same evening and is asking for any witnesses to come forward.
Any witnesses are asked to contact Kent Police on 01843 222289 quoting ZY/6162/17.
- Between 6.30pm on 14 February and 7.30am on 15 February in the Broadway a phone charger was taken from a car parked in the Broadway, Herne Bay.
- Between 5pm on 14 February and 8an on 15 February items including a nappy bag and a wallet containing cash was taken from a car in Spenser Road, Herne Bay.
- Between 11pm on 14 Feb and 9.15am on 15 Feb cash was taken from car parked in Beacon Hill, Herne Bay.
- At around 3.55am on 15 February cash was taken from a car parked in Willow Farm Way, Herne Bay.
- At around 3.50am on 15 February a pair of sunglasses and cash was taken from a car parked in Margate Road, Herne Bay.
Sergeant Nick Barton said: ‘We are keeping an open mind as to whether these reports might be linked. In all reports, items such as loose change have been reported missing and we believe some of the vehicles may have not have been secured properly before they were left unattended.
'We ask that drivers are always mindful about checking their cars are locked, even if left on a driveway or remote road.
‘Thieves tend to be opportunists and even small amounts of cash can prove attractive so don’t give them the option of an easy theft and ensure your car has nothing valuable left in it.’