Suspect charged with multiple offences after Ashford van robbery
Main article content
A suspected robber has appeared in court charged with multiple theft offences.
Pete Osbourne, of no fixed address, appeared before Folkestone Magistrates' Court on Wednesday 8 September 2021.
Following an investigation by Kent Police's East Kent Criminal Investigation Department, the 35-year-old has been charged with:
• The robbery of a delivery van in Ninn Lane, Ashford on Monday 6 September, and driving without insurance and a licence in relation to the same incident.
• Two counts of theft from motor vehicles after items were stolen from cars in Chart Road, Ashford on Monday 6 September.
• The burglary of a shed in the same road on the same day.
• Attempted burglary in relation to three sheds which were tampered with in College Road, Ashford on Wednesday 25 August.
• Shoplifting of alcohol from a supermarket in Kimberley Way, Ashford on Tuesday 7 September.
Mr Osbourne was remanded in custody and the case was adjourned to Canterbury Crown Court on Monday 11 October.