Crime prevention reminder after rise in residential burglaries
Main article content
- close and lock all your doors and windows, even if you’re only going out for a few minutes
- make sure any valuables are out of sight
- keep handbags away from the letterbox or cat flap and hide all keys including car keys, as a thief could hook keys or valuables through even a small opening
- never leave car documents or ID in obvious places such as kitchens or hallways
- in the evening, shut the curtains and leave some lights on when leaving the home
- if you are out all day, then it is advisable to use a timer device to automatically turn lights and a radio on at night.
View further burglary prevention advice.