Celebrating 160 years of policing in Kent
We've now started our countdown to the next Kent Police Open Day, being held at the Kent Police College, Coverdale Avenue, Maidstone on Sunday 2 July 2017.
This open day is a fantastic opportunity to find out about the work we do across the county, watch our teams in action and test your skills at an array of activities.
Running from 10am-4pm, the event offers something for all ages:
- Watch our popular police dog, public order and personal safety demonstrations.
- Find out how we work with emergency service partners to keep Kent’s roads safe and watch us carry out a live pursuit following a collision in our vehicle training area.
- See how we’ve solved some of our most newsworthy crimes – and the lengths criminals go to in hope to evade the law.
- Get tips on road safety and meet our police dog, marine, motorcycle, helicopter and crash investigation teams.
- Spend time in a cell, collect evidence at our crime scene or get crime prevention advice to keep your family, your valuables and your home safe this summer.
- Check out the latest job and volunteering opportunities and chat to our teams to see if a career in policing is for you.
What you need to know
- Show times will be repeated, so whether you come first thing or later on you won't miss out.
- The Kent Police College complex is on Coverdale Avenue (behind Morrison's).
- There will be limited free public/disabled parking - look out for car park signs on the day. Sat nav postcode: ME15 9DP
- Assistance dogs only (no dogs left in vehicles).
- Food, drink & ice creams can be purchased on site.
- No alcohol permitted anywhere on site or in the car parks.
- No tickets are required, but please join our Facebook event page so we can gauge numbers.
Plan your journey
To avoid taking the car think about travelling to the Kent Police Open Day by public transport. Catch the Arriva No. 12 or 82 bus from Maidstone town centre (our closest bus stop is outside Morrisons supermarket on Sutton Road). For bus times visit www.arrivabus.co.uk/kent-and-surrey
Event safety/conditions of entry
- To protect your safety and that of other guests at the Kent Police Open Day we will be conducting security searches of vehicles upon entry to the event car park and bags upon entry to the event site.
- We reserve the right to prohibit any item if, in the reasonable opinion of the organisers, it could constitute a risk to safety or security. No facilities exist to store prohibited items at the event entrance, therefore items removed will be disposed of.
- The organisers retain the right to conduct further clothing searches during the event should they have a reasonable suspicion to do so.
- The organisers reserve the right to refuse admission.
- If you are refused entry to the event, or have been previously removed, you may not attempt re-gain entry.
What you need to know
- Bicycles – if you cycle to the event we provide a bike park in the main event car park, accessed from Lansdowne Avenue. No bikes, or other forms of transport, are permitted in the event site. Please only use designated bike-parking facilities.
- Scooters – no scooters are allowed in the event site.