Kent Police Open Day - tickets available online now
We're officially counting down to the next Kent Police Open Day, being held at the Kent Police College, Coverdale Avenue, Maidstone on Sunday 1 July 2018.
The open day is a fantastic opportunity to learn about the work we do across the county, watch our teams in action and get the latest tips to keep you and your loved ones safe.
Thanks to everyone who has made a booking to visit us. Tickets are all gone!
However, due to popular demand we will release more tickets on Friday 15 June at 6pm.
Running from 10am-4pm, the event offers something for all ages:
*Some attractions may be subject to change due to operational commitments.
- Are you into gaming? Then test your skills on our brand new gaming bus, plus get tips to keep safe online.
- You’ve watched it on tv – now see what it’s really like to visit police custody and spend time in the cells.
- Try your hand at designing a police car in our very own cop car workshop.
- See how we work with the emergency services and other partner agencies to keep Kent’s roads safe in our exciting live demo.
- Become a CSI for the day, search for evidence at our crime scene and have your fingerprints taken.
- Find out how we solved some of our most newsworthy crimes – and the lengths criminals go to in hope to evade the law.
- Ever considered a job in policing? Having met our teams and seen what we do, visit our recruitment stand to see what opportunities are for you.
- Our eyes from the sky, the National Police Air Service, will also pay a flying visit.
- Plus we’ll have all of your favourite displays – from police dogs and taser demos to public order riot control – this day promises to be action-packed and fun for all!
How to book tickets
Book your tickets here now.
When making your booking you will be asked to include some basic information, including contact details in case we need to get in touch.
If you have an enquiry relating to your registration, ticket allocation for the Kent Police Open Day or you need to cancel your tickets, please contact our ticketing provider on: [email protected]
Their team are on hand to assist with any enquiries you may have in relation to the ticketing for our event. Please be aware that due to the level of demand that it can take up to 48hrs for your tickets to be delivered via email.
What you need to know
- You must have a valid ticket to gain entry to the event.
- Most of our live demonstrations will be repeated over the course of the day.
- Kent Police College is located along Coverdale Avenue (behind Morrisons supermarket).
- Only assistance dogs will be allowed on site or in our car parks.
- Food, drink and ice creams can be purchased on site.
- No alcohol is permitted on site or in our car parks.
- No bikes, scooters or other forms of transport are allowed in the event site, apart from any which form part of our displays.
Plan your journey
By bus: Catch the Arriva No. 12 or 82 bus from Maidstone town centre (our closest bus stop is outside Morrison’s supermarket on Sutton Road). For bus times visit www.arrivabus.co.uk/kent-and-surrey
By car: If you intend to drive, please respect our neighbours and use our dedicated event car park rather than parking on local roads. For sat navs follow ME15 9DP.
Event safety and conditions of entry
- Every visitor must have a valid ticket to enter. Please have these ready when you arrive.
- Adults should bring an additional form of identification on the day.
- For your safety, and the safety of others at the Kent Police Open Day, we will be conducting bag and vehicle security searches at the entrances to the event site and car parks.
- We reserve the right to prohibit any item if, in the reasonable opinion of the organisers, it could constitute a risk to safety or security. No facilities exist to store prohibited items at the event entrance, therefore items removed will be disposed of.
- The organisers retain the right to conduct further clothing searches during the event if they have a reasonable suspicion to do so.
- The organisers reserve the right to refuse admission.
- If you are refused entry to the event, or have been previously removed, you may not attempt to re-gain entry.
Wet weather planning
We’ll keep our fingers crossed for sunshine, but if it rains:
- The Kent Police College is an open-air venue with limited indoor sites, and therefore we cannot guarantee refuge to guests in the event of bad weather. Guests are asked to be prepared for all weather conditions and be aware of their surroundings.
- Organisers of the Kent Police Open Day may interrupt or reschedule displays, or cancel the event, if a severe weather situation occurs. Display updates and direction will be provided over the public address system and by event staff and officers.
- You don’t have to let rain prevent you from having a great day; come prepared - there’s so much to see and do!