Cash and passports seized during raids in Ashford and Gillingham
Updated at 9.51am on Friday 7 December 2018.
Detectives from the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate have arrested 10 men in connection with an investigation into money laundering.
Pre-planned search warrants were executed at 6am on Thursday 6 December 2018 at addresses in Ashford and Gillingham.
Simultaneous searches were also completed at premises in London, Hampshire, Northamptonshire and West Yorkshire following a Kent-led investigation.
A large quantity of cash and suspected fake passports have been seized by officers.
The following men were arrested on suspicion of money laundering:
· A 33-year-old man from Ashford
· A 30-year-old man from Gillingham
· A 30-year-old man from Silvertown, London
· Two men aged 27 and 32 from Uxbridge, London
· A 31-year-old man from Southampton, Hampshire
· A 30-year-old man from Northampton, Northamptonshire
· Two 20-year-old men from Bradford, West Yorkshire
A 37-year-old man from Uxbridge was also arrested on suspicion of possession of class A drugs.
They were later released pending further investigation.