Diversity and inclusion
Equality Act 2010
- increase the number of black and minority ethnic (BAME) officers to match that of the population in Kent.
- retain and develop BAME colleagues into specialist and supervisory roles.
- increase the number of women in specialist and supervisory roles.
- increase the numbers of officers and staff self-declaring sexual orientation, disability and religion.
Staff support groups
We're committed to making sure equality and diversity underpins our organisation and we help our staff by providing support and networking opportunities. There are currently six staff support groups:
- Kent Minority Ethnic Police Association
- Gay Police Association (includes transgender support)
- Disability Support Group (known as Crystal Clear)
- Kent Network of Women (includes transgender support)
- Christian Police Association
- Gypsy Roma Traveller Police Association.
Time to change
A Dementia-friendly force
We're proud to become a Dementia Friendly force.We've committed to:
- meeting the foundation criteria for a dementia-friendly community
- completing an annual self-assessment of progress towards the criteria
- complying with the terms and conditions for use of the ‘working to become dementia friendly’ symbol