Kent Police Property Fund
The Kent Police Property Fund is generated from the sale, at auction, of items seized in police operations.
If you are a local, charitable organisation with a clear connection to Kent, you're welcome to apply.
Before you apply
Before applying, please consider the following criteria.
The projects supported by Police Property Act Fund donations must be for charitable purposes and must benefit the residents of Kent. The aims of a project must include one or more of the following.
1. To support people who are or have been
- victims of crime
- vulnerable to crime.
2. To improve the quality of life for residents by initiatives which prevent crime or reduce the fear of crime
- divert people, especially young people, away from crime
- reduce drug and alcohol abuse
- reduce re-offending.
3. To promote greater co-operation between the police and local communities by
- encouraging the development of a positive relationship between members of local communities and the police, especially those sections of the community which are currently under-represented in the police service
- improving informed community engagement in the policing of Kent
- developing local partnerships which have a relevance to policing in Kent and relationships between police and the community.
Please note, we are unable to give donations for:
- paying staff wages or to go towards the purchase of buildings
- individual sponsorship for taking part in activities such as a walk/swim/ride (although the organisation itself may be considered)
- memorial funds
- core Kent Police activities
- applicants who have received a previous donation in the same year
- national charitable organisations (unless expenditure will be specifically in Kent).
How to apply
Property Fund decisions are made twice a year.
Organisations wishing to apply for funding from the Property Fund should complete the application form.