Our mission is to provide a first-class service protecting and serving the people of Kent.
Vision of the Chief Constable and Police and Crime Commissioner
Our joint vision is for Kent to be a safe place for people to live, work and visit. By protecting the public from harm, we will allow our communities to flourish and by working with the public and partners, we will provide a first class policing service that is both visible and accessible. We will retain neighbourhood policing as the bedrock of policing in Kent. We will be there when the public need us and we will act with integrity in all that we do.
- put the public first and deliver a service to be proud of
- serve with integrity and professionalism
- treat everyone with fairness, respect and dignity
- be innovative, use resources wisely and operate as one team
- act with humility, compassion and courtesy
- listen, learn and strive to improve.
- put victims and witnesses first
- tackle crime and anti-social behaviour
- provide visible, local policing at the heart of our policing model
- protect the public from harm and ensure an effective response to those who are most vulnerable in our communities
- deliver an efficient and effective service that represents value for money.
- meet our national policing commitments
- develop and support our committed workforce
Police and crime plan
Read the Police Commissioner's Safer in Kent plan.
His Majesty's Inspectorate of Constabulary regularly assesses police efficiency, effectiveness and legitimacy. View our 2018-2019 assessment.
In support of our Mission, Vision, Values and Priorities, and to encourage innovation and creativity, the Chief Constable has introduced ‘Infinity Principles’.