Disability confident employer
We welcome applications from anyone with a disability and we are committed to improving employment opportunities and career development for disabled people, and in recognition of this we have been certified as a Disability Confident Employer.
As a Disability Confident Employer we have committed to undertake the following core actions:-
- actively looking to attract and retain disabled people
- providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process
- offering an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for a job
- flexibility when assessing people so disabled job applicants have the best opportunity to demonstrate that they can do the job
- proactively offering and making reasonable adjustments as required
- supporting employees to manage their disabilities or health conditions
- ensuring managers are aware of how they can support staff who are sick or absent from work
The Disability Confident campaign aims to remove barriers, increase understanding and ensure that people have opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations. We will accommodate requests for reasonable adjustments where possible throughout our recruitment and promotions processes, whilst continuously looking at ways to improve how we recruit, retain and develop disabled people.