Find out more about our Graduate Scheme and register your interest for future programmes
Our police graduate scheme is currently closed but register here for future programmes.
If you are currently studying and are considering graduate placements then you will be able to apply with any degree subject. You may already have a degree but are looking to a new and exciting career change.
We want to hear from you! Please register your interest and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with further details of future programmes.
Register your interest for the Graduate Scheme
Register your details by completing our form below.
Our police officer graduate scheme offers an alternative entry route into policing delivered within our 2-year bespoke intensive programme. This builds on the excellent training already provided to our officer recruits but adds exclusive modules including strategic insight, leadership skills and other specialist elements to help you become a future leader.
Find out more about this and eligibility criteria for applying to the scheme below. Don't miss out, if you are interested register your details today!
We've created the police officer graduate scheme as an alternative entry route into policing. After your initial training we'll offer you a range of bespoke opportunities to:
- develop your leadership skills
- learn about specialist roles
- understand how complex investigations are managed and solved
- support you through law exams to accelerate you through the ranks
- provide you with a dedicated mentor for your 2year probation period
- help you improve your self-awareness and emotional intelligence through psychometric testing and de-briefing leaderships tools
- give you access to leadership events where you can meet and talk to our senior leaders
- help you deliver bespoke projects in line with organisational priorities and challenges
- access to a lateral development framework to self-select personal development tools and opportunities.
Our overall aim is to provide you with the very best training and opportunities so help you succeed at the highest level.
If you successfully complete the graduate scheme there may also be an opportunity for suitable candidates to enter our high potential FastTrack programme. This aims to progress officers to the rank of Inspector within 2 years.
You’ll be required to undergo eligibility checks as part of the initial stages of the recruitment process.
Please make sure you meet the eligibility criteria below if you are considering applying. You must meet all the following:
- at least a 2:1 (or equivalent) degree qualification (predicted or obtained) in any subject. This needs to be achieved and proof of qualification provided when application opens later this year
- be an EEA or Swiss National and lived in the UK continuously for the last 3 years.
- be 18 or older and hold a full UK manual driving licence (with 6 points or less on it)
- have not applied, and been unsuccessful, to join any police force in the last 6 months
- have no tattoos or piercings which could cause offence, are excessive or deemed unprofessional.
- not have a criminal record
- not be registered bankrupt or subject to CCJs or IVAs.