To be able to apply to become a police officer you must have already been awarded a qualification equivalent to 2 A-levels or higher.
If you have a qualification which is not listed below you can check whether or not it's equivalent to 2 or more A-levels with the National Academic Recognition Information Centre (NARIC), or the Register of regulated qualifications.
If you think your qualification is nationally recognised please submit it along with the website address and any other research you've carried out to the recruitment team.
- Advanced Vocational Certificate of Education (AVCE) Double Award
- Advanced diploma (Level 3)
- BTEC Extended Diploma
- BTEC Higher National Certificate/Diploma
- BTEC National Certificate/Diploma (Pre 2002)
- BTEC National Certificate (Post 2002)
- BTEC National Diploma (Post 2002).
- Certificate of Higher Education
- Access to Higher Education (Pre Sept 2009)
- Access to Higher Education (Sept 2009 onwards)
- City & Guilds Level 3.
- National Vocational Qualification (NVQ)
- General National Vocational Qualification (GNVQ) Advanced
- General National Vocational Qualification (GNVQ) 4
- General National Vocational Qualification (GNVQ) 5.
- Scottish Certificate of Higher Education – SCE HG
- Scottish Certificate of Sixth Year Studies – CSYS
- Scottish Advanced Higher.
- Open University (OU) 120 credits
- Foundation Degree – FD
- University Credits (Years 1 and 2)
- Batchelor Degree (completed).
- ACCA Certified Accounting Technician
- Certified Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) Stage 4
- Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) Diploma in Insurance
- Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) Financial Planning Certificate
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) Advanced Certificate in Marketing
- Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (CIPD)
- ILEX Level 6 Professional Diploma in Law and Practice
- Institute of Sport & Recreation Management (ISRM)
- RCVS Veterinary Nursing
- (ICCS) NCC Education UK
- NEBOSH National General Certificate in occupational health and safety
- Occupational health and safety.
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- European Baccalaureate
- Batchelor of Commerce Part 2 (University of Punjab)
- Eire Leaving Certificate (Higher Level)
- Irish Management Institute (IMI) Certificate
- Titulo Professional (Peru)
- Masters Degree from a Centre of Excellence (Philippines)
- Inzynier (awarded from 2002) (Poland)
- Licencjat (awarded from 2002) (Poland)
- Matura Certificate (Poland)
- Batchelor Degree (South Africa)
- Inter-Community School (ICS) Diploma (Switzerland).
Make sure you've read about our recruitment process before starting your application.