Tactical firearms unit PC
- required level of fitness (JRFT Level 9.4), eyesight and hearing and officer safety training
- a proven level of achievement as an ARV.
Firearms Training Unit PC
We are looking for highly qualified and motivated individuals who can train and develop the needs of the force in relation to the police use of firearms.
This role will assist in preparing firearms training programmes, selecting lessons and shooting tests for courses and refresher training, maintaining the standards set by the chief firearms instructor, ensuring that delivery, practice and range instruction is provided to students in line with their role and the national police firearms training curriculum.
If you are a highly skilled firearms officer, or currently a qualified trainer, then we would be keen to hear from you.
Register your interest
We have a number of opportunities to transfer or apply for promotion to develop your career across our policing ranks. Talk to us about what you want to do and we will put you in touch with experienced officers who can talk to you more about the opportunities we offer and what it is like to work within our team.
If you are interested in joining us please register with us by email and we will send you a link to apply.
Please provide the following:
- your telephone number so we can discuss our opportunities with you
- a brief explanation of:
- the rank in which you are interested
- any relevant skills (for example, detective/firearms)
- any specific geographical preferences.
Request a visit - you are welcome to request a bespoke visit prior to applying. To organise this please email Ian Coates.