It is proposed that the Kent Police site on Sutton Road, Maidstone will be sold and all staff currently working there will be redeployed to other workplaces and/or required to work in a more agile way. View further information.
Performance and Support Assistant
Grade: Grade C
Role code: SFA200
Status: Police Staff
Main purpose of the role:
- Administer the day-to-day monitoring of service delivery and performance for Business Services by collating information relating to SLAs, KPIs and other service delivery measures and ensuring the availability of timely and accurate management information to customers and the management team.
- Research and analyse relevant business information to support performance management, project
management and business development activities, to include identifying benchmarking and best practice shared services delivery opportunities, in order to support the Business Services continuous improvement programme.
- Maintain accurate and up to date progress reports against the business plan, actions plans and service improvement plans, supporting the management team by proactively co-ordinating, planning and progressing relevant actions and information.
- Support the Business Partner (Service Delivery) with of a wide range of projects and business development activities, administering the necessary meetings support, action monitoring, progress tracking and information sharing tasks.
- Organise and maintain accurate records and reports in support of effective information security and information management principles; supporting the Head of Business Services as the Directorate Information Asset Owner to ensure the availability and security of information and awareness of information security issues.
- Provide a range of administrative functions supporting the management team, to include facilitating Departmental meetings and other information sharing activities through the production of clear communications and documentation.
- Updated May 2016
The post holder will possess competent business support skills, with a thorough understanding of the inter-relationships between activities, functions and processes and how support services work. Analytical skills, problem solving and the ability to independently research business information are essential. Particularly important are the communication and interpersonal skills necessary to support, advise and influence managers and customers on the quality and delivery of a wide range of support services. The post holder will be expected to be able to undertake basic research and project work as they will act as a key source of information, coordinating data and working in conjunction with Business Services Managers and Business Partners to publish performance results and implement change projects. The post holder must have the ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with people, using sound judgement and discretion, particularly when dealing with senior managers, suppliers and a wide range of internal and external customers.
Good organisational skills together with a methodical approach are vital. Experience of running a range of administrative and office systems is essential. Competent information technology skills across the range of standard Microsoft packages and including advanced experience in presenting data and information, for example in Excel and Powerpoint or similar products are required. Knowledge of SAP is desirable.
Analyse critically (level 1)
Collaborative (level 1)
Deliver, support and inspire (level 1)
understand how my work contributes to the wider police service. I understand it is part of my collective
responsibility to deliver efficient services. I take personal responsibility for making sure that I am working effectively to deliver the best service, both individually and with others. I am conscientious in my approach, working hard to provide the best service and to overcome any obstacles that could prevent or hinder delivery. I support the efficient use of resources to create the most value and to deliver the right impact. I keep up to date with changes in internal and external environments. I am a role model for the behaviours I expect to see in others and I act in the best interests of the public and the police service.
Emotionally aware (level 1)
perspectives, values and beliefs within the remit of the law. I remain calm and think about how to best manage the situation when faced with provocation. I understand my own emotions and I know which situations might affect my ability to deal with stress and pressure. I ask for help and support when I need it. I understand the value that diversity offers. I communicate in clear and simple language so that I can be easily understood by others. I seek to understand the thoughts and concerns of others even when they are unable to express themselves clearly.