- increased participation, volunteer hours and confidence
- enhanced skills and training, valuable for career progression and in your personal life
- giving back to the community with support
- feel supported – leading to fulfilment and improved relationship with your employer
- sense of well-being within the workplace
- more flexibility to attend training/police duty which supports further development
- ability to remain calm under pressure
- computer skills
- decision making
- interpersonal skills
- time management
The training will develop the seven core skills that every police officer must be proficient in. These are:
- customer focus
- effective communication
- personal responsibility
- problem solving
- respect for diversity
These skills are transferable, which you will be able to use, not only in your professional capacity but also in your personal life, such as managing confrontational situations, leadership and personal safety.
You'll have the satisfaction of knowing that your colleagues at your place of work, your friends and family will be more reassured as a result of your new skills and confidence.
You'll have the possibility of gaining promotion at work as a result of acquiring a new set of skills, experience, assertiveness and confidence that you have been taught.
The level of commitment your organisation can make is flexible, with our partner employers supporting varying levels of time, so please ask them to talk to us about how much they can support the programme.
You will really feel that you are making a difference - making a positive contribution in the fight against crime in Kent whilst developing yourself with high-quality police training, all supported by us and your employer, allowing you to gain valuable police experience whilst continuing your chosen career.