Find out below how to request information the police hold on you.

You can also request details of your criminal history, whether it’s for Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks, visa applications or family court proceedings. If we can’t provide the information you need, we’ll point you to somewhere that can.

Advice tool

Request information about myself, other than my criminal conviction history, for my own personal interest

Thank you. You need to submit a right of access/subject access request, which is the official way to request personal information, such as crime reports, that we hold about you on our databases.

There are several ways of making a subject access request; by telephone, by email, by letter, through this website using a downloadable form or in person.

However you make a request, it must include:

  • your full name
  • your date of birth
  • your address
  • a clear description of the specific information you want us to send you

We will also need to confirm your identity. We'll ask you to provide scans, photos or photocopies of official documents which between them confirm your full name, date of birth and your current address.

How to apply:

Step 1: Download our subject access request form and read the guidance notes. 

Step 2: Print and complete the form and either scan it and email it to us or post it (email/postal address in the form) along with scans or photocopies of the relevant ID documents (details in the form).

In accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018, once you've submitted your request we'll respond within 30 days.