Find out below how to request information the police hold on you.

You can also request details of your criminal history, whether it’s for Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks, visa applications or family court proceedings. If we can’t provide the information you need, we’ll point you to somewhere that can.

Advice tool

I'd like to request information about myself for visa or emigration purposes

Thank you. Please go to the ACRO Criminal Records Office, where you'll find full details (including costs) of how to apply for a police certificate for:

  • emigration
  • visas 
  • residency abroad