Find out below how to request information the police hold on you or your client.

You can also request details of your criminal history, whether it’s for Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks, visa applications or family court proceedings. If we can’t provide the information you need, we’ll point you to somewhere that can. 

Advice tool

I'd like to request child sex offender data (Sarah's Law)

Thank you. To make a request for information as part of the child sex offender disclosure scheme (Sarah's Law), please either:

  • call 101, or
  • visit your local police station

A police officer or member of police staff will take the details of what prompted your enquiry and talk you through the next steps.

We carry out risk assessments at every stage.

Police station finder

Location search controls

Find your nearest police station


Showing results for