Skip Navigation
Body fade

If no-one has been injured in a collision and you've exchanged details, contact your insurance company. You do not need to inform police of damage-only collisions. 

Police only attend road traffic collisions (RTCs) if:

  • someone is injured
  • ​a road is blocked or there is a hazard that puts people's safety at risk
  • an individual is threatening
  • there is a suspicion of drug/alcohol use or dangerous driving

When to contact us

  • If someone suffers minor injuries you must attend a police station within 30 days.
  • If no-one was injured but you didn't exchange details or a traffic offence was allegedly committed you must report it to us within 24 hours of the incident. You can Report a Non-Injury RTC online, call 101 or visit a police station.

Serious collisions

If someone has died or suffers life-threatening/changing injuries, call 999 immediately. Our specialist officers will attend and investigate. The Crown Prosecution Service will decide whether someone should be prosecuted.
Back to Services

Was this page helpful?

This website uses cookies. By using this website, you're accepting our cookies policy and consenting to cookies being used. Read the Kent Police Website Privacy and Cookies Policy.

Share with: