Skip Navigation
Body fade

Not sure who to contact?

We've included the answers to more than 900 policing questions within this website.

Browse the easy-to-use A-Z below. Includes common questions about the law and civil issues.

Report a crime or incident

In an emergency:  call 999 immediately (only use 999 if life is in danger or a crime is in progress)
To report a non-urgent crime: select from the options below, call our control room on 101 or visit a police station.

Coming soon

We'll be launching our new online crime reporting system this year. 
Until then, we cannot accept reports online (or via email).

Report a collision (RTC)

You do not need to contact police if:

  • no-one was injured
  • there's no hazard to other road users (for example the vehicles can be moved to safety, the road can be cleared)
  • no criminal activity is suspected (such as dangerous driving, driving under the influence of drink or drugs)

Instead contact your insurer.

When you must contact police

  • If you didn't exchange details with the other party you must report the collision to us within 24 hours - call 101 (our non-emergency number). 
  • If somone suffers minor injuries, you must call us on 101 within 30 days. 

Find out more about Road Traffic Collisions including serious collisions.

Report fraud

Report fraud to us by calling 101 if: 

  • You know who the suspect is and their address is in Kent.
  • Items or goods are to be delivered to a known suspect address in Kent.
  • There is CCTV of the incident that clearly identifies the suspect.
  • You or the victim describe yourself as vulnerable.

In all other circumstances, to report fraud (online fraud and related internet crime) and receive a crime reference number contact Action Fraud or call 0300 123 2040. Also see: Stay safe from fraud...

Report suspicious online contact with a child

If you think a child is at immediate risk call 999.

You can report suspicious online behaviour through the 
National Crime Agency (CEOP) who deal with threats to children.

Also see:
how Kent Police is tackling child abuse...

Report a hate crime

If a crime is in progress or an offender is present, call 999 immediately.

For more information about hate crime, local community contacts, and how to make a report visit our Hate Crime advice page.

If you prefer not to report directly to us use TrueVision's online reporting facility

Report criminal online content

The Internet Watch Foundation takes reports of: child sexual abuse content hosted anywhere in the world, obscene content hosted in the UK, non-photographic child sexual abuse content hosted in the UK and gets it removed.

Find out how to 
Make a report....

Give information anonymously

If you want to report something you have seen or heard about a crime, but are worried about coming forward, you can make a report anonymously through Crimestoppers.

Call 0800 555111 or
make a report online.

Back to Services

Was this page helpful?

This website uses cookies. By using this website, you're accepting our cookies policy and consenting to cookies being used. Read the Kent Police Website Privacy and Cookies Policy.

Share with: