How to tell us about an event or procession
If you’re planning an event or procession, by law you may need to notify us in advance. Whether it’s a festival, show, party, static demonstration or march, we’ll work with you to make sure it goes smoothly.
Coronavirus (Covid-19): If you're organising an event, please check the latest guidance on meeting safety regulations.
I'm planning a procession through a public area
Thank you. Under sections 11(1) and 11(3) of the Public Order Act 1986, you must tell us at least six working days before the procession is due to take place.
Click 'Start' below to complete our quick and simple online form.
Average completion time: 20 minutes
Please have the following details ready, if possible:
- date and time of the event
- event start point and route
- number of people you think will be at the event
- your organisation's name and address
- planned meetings before or after the event
- names of anyone scheduled to speak
- links to any publicity material
- dates when you'll be available to meet us
Please note, if you plan to use the road for a march or procession, you'll also need to ask permission from the authority responsible for it, usually the council.
Please contact them and ask about a temporary traffic order.